Outstanding minority Tennessee college students who are studying for careers in health care can earn one of six $10,000 BlueCross Power of We Scholarships.
2022 applications will be accepted through Friday, March 11.
In 2012, the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Foundation established the scholarship to address the historic lack of opportunity and health disparities, including underrepresentation in the medical field, that minority populations face. Since then, the scholarship program has helped more than a dozen promising students continue their studies in the fields of nursing, medical technology, pharmacy, and more.
The BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Foundation, in collaboration with the NAHSE Memphis Chapter, plans to award six recipients for their outstanding achievements in community service, leadership, and academics.
- The scholarship is for undergraduate studies
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least one year of study
- The $10,000 is paid out in $5,000 increments to the college on behalf of the recipient over two semesters
- Students must be Tennessee residents, studying at an in-state college or university
- Applications may be submitted through March 11, 2022
For more information, contact:
National Association of Health Services Executives, Memphis Chapter
Watch the video below to hear from the 2021 recipients.